Pubilic Corruption Attorneys
Public corruption poses a fundamental threat to our national security and way of life. It impacts everything from how well our borders are secured and our neighborhoods protected…to verdicts handed down in courts…to the quality of our roads, schools, and other government services. And it takes a significant toll on our pocketbooks, wasting billions in tax dollars every year. The FBI is singularly situated to combat this corruption, with the skills and capabilities to run complex undercover operations and surveillance.
The website even contains "Local Corruption Hotlines." It does not take much to realize that the FBI will utilize all of their resources to investigation and build prosecutions when it comes to Public Corruption crimes.When an elected official or a governmental employee advances controversial policies and takes on the entrenched powers, federal or state prosecutors sometimes start an investigation. Charges like bribery, extortion, cronyism, nepotism, patronage, graft, and embezzlement , are just a few of the specific crimes that are part of a criminal indictment involving public corruption. Our potential clients must remember, when it comes to Public Corruption matters it is extremely important to be represented by an experience federal criminal defense attorney as early on in the process so that you can counter the powerful governmental law enforcement agencies that are expending significant time and resources in these types of cases.
Contact the Firm
For New York State criminal cases, the attorneys of Sullivan & Brill, LLP help clients throughout New York City (NYC - Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island), Nassau County, Suffolk County, and Westchester County, as well as the other NY counties. For federal cases, the firm's lawyers assist clients throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
In addition to it's New York office, the firm also has an office in San Juan, Puerto Rico staffed by an experienced federal criminal defense attorney.
Public Corruption Matters News
February 10, 2012: Former State Senator from Westchester is to Plead Guilty on a Federal Tax Charge
A former state senator, Nicholas A. Spano, is set to plead guilty today to a federal tax charge for failing to report more than $45,000 in income from 2000 to 2008. Mr. Spano is a moderate Republican who was both influential and well liked in the legislature. During his lengthy tenure in office t...
115 Broadway, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10006
236 Domenech Avenue
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00918
Recent Developments at Sullivan & Brill
- Some Good Options for Clients Charged with Drug Crimes in Federal Court
- Read here to read about new developments on Bail in New York Criminal Defense Matters
- Click Here to read Steven Brill's Recent Interview on Hate Crimes
- Steven Brill Successfully Argued that Client Charged with Running over a 1 Million Dollar Ponzi Scheme be Sentenced to Less Time
- A Federal Investigation finds that 5 Jailed in 1995 Killing of New York City Cab Driver are Innocent
- Sullivan & Brill Retained to Represent Client Arrested and Charged with Possession with Intent to Sell Cocaine in Queens County
- Sullivan & Brill's Client Charged with RICO Conspiracy in Newburgh Latin Kings Indictment Found Not Guilty of ALL Conspiracy Charges
- Sullivan & Brill Retained to Represent Woman Charged with the Federal Crimes of Money Laundering and Conspiracy to Produce False Identification
- Sullivan & Brill attorney,Steven Brill, was Interviewed for Article in Lawyers.com. on the Stop and Frisk Policy in New York City. Click this Link to See what he Had to Say
- Sullivan & Brill's Client who was Charged with Federal Drug Conspiracy in the SDNY was Recently Sentenced to a Term Below the Sentencing Guideline Level