Client, who was represented by Steven Brill, as stand-by counsel, was recently sentenced to 70 months - below the 121 months he was exposed to - after a conviction for Securities Fraud, Mail Fraud and Wire Fraud in the Southern District of New York.
On April 13, 2012, a pro se client, represented by Steven Brill as stand by counsel, was sentenced to 70 months in prison for his conviction of Securities Fraud, Wire Fraud and Mail Fraud. The client was exposed to a guideline sentence of 121-151 months. This sentence was based, in large part, by the government’s argument that the client caused an intended loss between 7 and 10 million dollars. The client, however, successfully argued that the Court should use a loss amount of approximately 1.5 million – far less than the government requested.
In addition, the client argued that he was entitled to a departure from a guideline sentence due to his documented diagnosis of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) The U.S. District Judge agreed and reduced his sentence 2 guideline offense levels.
115 Broadway, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10006
236 Domenech Avenue
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00918
Recent Developments at Sullivan & Brill
- Some Good Options for Clients Charged with Drug Crimes in Federal Court
- Read here to read about new developments on Bail in New York Criminal Defense Matters
- Click Here to read Steven Brill's Recent Interview on Hate Crimes
- Steven Brill Successfully Argued that Client Charged with Running over a 1 Million Dollar Ponzi Scheme be Sentenced to Less Time
- A Federal Investigation finds that 5 Jailed in 1995 Killing of New York City Cab Driver are Innocent
- Sullivan & Brill Retained to Represent Client Arrested and Charged with Possession with Intent to Sell Cocaine in Queens County
- Sullivan & Brill's Client Charged with RICO Conspiracy in Newburgh Latin Kings Indictment Found Not Guilty of ALL Conspiracy Charges
- Sullivan & Brill Retained to Represent Woman Charged with the Federal Crimes of Money Laundering and Conspiracy to Produce False Identification
- Sullivan & Brill attorney,Steven Brill, was Interviewed for Article in Lawyers.com. on the Stop and Frisk Policy in New York City. Click this Link to See what he Had to Say
- Sullivan & Brill's Client who was Charged with Federal Drug Conspiracy in the SDNY was Recently Sentenced to a Term Below the Sentencing Guideline Level