New York Criminal Lawyer
The New York Criminal Defense Attorneys at Sullivan & Brill, LLP has extensive experience in representing clients who have been arrested and accused of committing a wide range of New York state crimes. We have build a firm with dedicated criminal defense attorneys that are ready and very able to represent clients from the moment they are arrested until the trial - and if necessary - during the post-conviction and appellate process. Each of our criminal defense attorneys are not afraid to take on any New York prosecutor and utilize any legal tool to represent our clients. No matter what the crime charged, Sullivan & Brill, LLP can handle it. Specifically, Sullivan & Brill, LLP can handle:
Contact the Firm
For New York State criminal cases, the attorneys of Sullivan & Brill, LLP help clients throughout New York City (NYC - Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island), Nassau County, Suffolk County, and Westchester County, as well as the other NY counties. For federal cases, the firm's lawyers assist clients throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
In addition to it's New York office, the firm also has an office in San Juan, Puerto Rico staffed by an experienced federal criminal defense attorney.
NYS Criminal Defense News
Department of Justice says that 1 out of 10 state prisoners are sexually abused while in prison
In a troubling study conducted by the Department of Justice, it was found that 1 out of every 10 state prisoners are sexually abused â€“ or 9.6% of the entire state jail population. What makes the sexual abuse even worse is that a great majority of the incidents involved physical restraint. As ...
Federal Judge Grants Class-Action Status to Improper Stop and Frisk Claims
In the latest round of the battle against Mayor Bloomberg and the NYPD and their stop and frisk policy, a federal judge granted class-action status to several thousand New York citizens who claim that they were illegally stopped and/or frisked. This decision comes on the heels of a...
The NYPD will End Stops and Frisks of Livery Cab Passengers
The City of New York has recently agreed to train its police officers to end the policy of stopping and frisking livery cab passengers. The civil suit was started by two men who were detained after their livery cab was stopped as a result of the Taxi and Livery Inspection Program (TRIP). Once they w...
May 7, 2012: Ex-NYPD cop Michael Pena gets 75 to life in gunpoint sex assault on teacher
A former NYPD officer was sentenced to 75 years to life for raping a woman in the inwood section of New York. The case made headlines due to the jury's decision to acquit the NYPD officer of the most serious offense of Rape in the First Degree and instead convict on the lesser charge of Sexual As...
Top 10 Spots where Cops have Stopped, Questioned and Frisked
The New York Civil Liberties Union has recently analyzed NYPDâ€™s stop and frisk program - boiling down the departmentâ€™s 2011 684,000 stops to the top ten precincts where the policy is used the most. The goal of this report is to make policy and action transparent so the citizens of New York will...
115 Broadway, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10006
236 Domenech Avenue
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00918
Recent Developments at Sullivan & Brill
- Some Good Options for Clients Charged with Drug Crimes in Federal Court
- Read here to read about new developments on Bail in New York Criminal Defense Matters
- Click Here to read Steven Brill's Recent Interview on Hate Crimes
- Steven Brill Successfully Argued that Client Charged with Running over a 1 Million Dollar Ponzi Scheme be Sentenced to Less Time
- A Federal Investigation finds that 5 Jailed in 1995 Killing of New York City Cab Driver are Innocent
- Sullivan & Brill Retained to Represent Client Arrested and Charged with Possession with Intent to Sell Cocaine in Queens County
- Sullivan & Brill's Client Charged with RICO Conspiracy in Newburgh Latin Kings Indictment Found Not Guilty of ALL Conspiracy Charges
- Sullivan & Brill Retained to Represent Woman Charged with the Federal Crimes of Money Laundering and Conspiracy to Produce False Identification
- Sullivan & Brill attorney,Steven Brill, was Interviewed for Article in Lawyers.com. on the Stop and Frisk Policy in New York City. Click this Link to See what he Had to Say
- Sullivan & Brill's Client who was Charged with Federal Drug Conspiracy in the SDNY was Recently Sentenced to a Term Below the Sentencing Guideline Level