February 8, 2012: California: Man Faces More Murder Counts
In January, police arrested former US marine Itzcoatl Ocampo, for the killings of four homeless men in California. Prosecutors were expected to file formal murder charges for the stabbings that occurred in late December. Those closest to him claim that Ocampo was never the same after returning from his deployment to Iraq in 2008.
Ocampo, who has since been charged with four counts of murder for the December killing spree where four homeless men were stabbed many times, is now being charged with two more homicides. This time the 23-year-old former marine is accused of the stabbing deaths of his high school friend’s mother and older brother. Raqueal Estrada and her son Juan Herrara were found dead and originally thought to be killed by Estrada’s younger son Eder Herrara. The authorities have dropped the charges against Eder Herrara and are charging Ocampo due to “significant evidence” linking him to the murders when DNA samples were taken from his home.
If you have been charged with a crime like this, you should immediately seek advice from a criminal defense lawyer that is experienced in handling homicide cases. For a free consultation with such an attorney, complete the form to the left or call 212-566-1000. Based in New York City, Sullivan & Brill, LLP represents clients throughout the United States, as well as in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Nassau County, Suffolk County, Westchester County and other upstate New York counties.
115 Broadway, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10006
236 Domenech Avenue
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00918
Recent Developments at Sullivan & Brill
- Some Good Options for Clients Charged with Drug Crimes in Federal Court
- Read here to read about new developments on Bail in New York Criminal Defense Matters
- Click Here to read Steven Brill's Recent Interview on Hate Crimes
- Steven Brill Successfully Argued that Client Charged with Running over a 1 Million Dollar Ponzi Scheme be Sentenced to Less Time
- A Federal Investigation finds that 5 Jailed in 1995 Killing of New York City Cab Driver are Innocent
- Sullivan & Brill Retained to Represent Client Arrested and Charged with Possession with Intent to Sell Cocaine in Queens County
- Sullivan & Brill's Client Charged with RICO Conspiracy in Newburgh Latin Kings Indictment Found Not Guilty of ALL Conspiracy Charges
- Sullivan & Brill Retained to Represent Woman Charged with the Federal Crimes of Money Laundering and Conspiracy to Produce False Identification
- Sullivan & Brill attorney,Steven Brill, was Interviewed for Article in Lawyers.com. on the Stop and Frisk Policy in New York City. Click this Link to See what he Had to Say
- Sullivan & Brill's Client who was Charged with Federal Drug Conspiracy in the SDNY was Recently Sentenced to a Term Below the Sentencing Guideline Level