Federal Drug Charges Lawyer
Anyone accused of a drug crime should hire an attorney before speaking to federal agents. An experienced federal drug charge lawyer can defend the rights of the accused, while thoroughly investigating the arrest to find out whether the federal agents violated any search and seizure provision of the Constitution. Any violation of these laws may lead to suppression of the evidence - such as property or a statement - and may get a case dropped entirely. Should drug treatment be a viable resolution to your case, Sullivan & Brill, LLP has a great deal of experience in coordinating with forensic social workers and substance abuse counselors to resolve the drug case in a non-jail fashion while at the same time get you the help you need.
Sullivan & Brill, LLP regularly defends clients accused of very serious drug charges in New York or in the Federal system. The New York and Federal Drug Lawyers in both the New York City and Puerto Rico locations have taken on everything from large-scale international drug conspiracy cases to street buy and bust operations, to cases involving personal drug use and possession. The drug attorneys of Sullivan & Brill, LLP welcome a chance to speak to individuals accused of the following:
- Drug Possession
- Possession With Intent to Distribute
- Buy and Busts
- Drug Trafficking
Sullivan & Brill, LLP’s drug charges lawyers are located in their New York City and San Juan, Puerto Rico offices. The firm’s lawyers have the experience and knowledge to defend charges involving any type of drug, including the following:
- Crystal methamphetamine
- Crack (Cocaine Base)
- Prescription drugs
Sullivan & Brill, LLP has handled local, national, and international drug cases, including complex drug conspiracy offenses involving narcotics alleged to be from South America. Rachel Brill, the firm's criminal lawyer in Puerto Rico defended the case of United States of America v. Acosta-Colon which led to the holding that a de facto arrest by federal agents without probable cause required suppression of the controlled substances- the case was ultimately dismissed upon remand. In another case, Steven Brill, the firm's leading criminal defense attorney is presently representing defendants charged by the US Attorney's Office of the SDNY with RICO and Drug Conspracy charges involving the Trinitarios in Washington Heights and the Latin Kings in Newburgh, New York.
In yet another case titled United States of America v. Angelje Sherpa, a Nepalese national, and major political figure, was wrongfully charged with being a drug lord in an international drug conspiracy that involved Asia, the Middle East, and the United States. Federal Drug Attorney Steven Brill was successful in not only proving his client’s innocence to the United States Attorneys, but he achieved both dismissal of all criminal charges and was instrumental in the granting of his political asylum.
Contact the Firm
For New York State criminal cases, the attorneys of Sullivan & Brill, LLP help clients throughout New York City (NYC - Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island), Nassau County, Suffolk County, and Westchester County, as well as the other New York counties. For federal cases, the firm's lawyers assist clients throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
In addition to it's New York office, the firm also has an office in San Juan, Puerto Rico staffed by an experienced federal criminal defense attorney.
Drug Crimes News
115 Broadway, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10006
236 Domenech Avenue
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00918
Recent Developments at Sullivan & Brill
- Some Good Options for Clients Charged with Drug Crimes in Federal Court
- Read here to read about new developments on Bail in New York Criminal Defense Matters
- Click Here to read Steven Brill's Recent Interview on Hate Crimes
- Steven Brill Successfully Argued that Client Charged with Running over a 1 Million Dollar Ponzi Scheme be Sentenced to Less Time
- A Federal Investigation finds that 5 Jailed in 1995 Killing of New York City Cab Driver are Innocent
- Sullivan & Brill Retained to Represent Client Arrested and Charged with Possession with Intent to Sell Cocaine in Queens County
- Sullivan & Brill's Client Charged with RICO Conspiracy in Newburgh Latin Kings Indictment Found Not Guilty of ALL Conspiracy Charges
- Sullivan & Brill Retained to Represent Woman Charged with the Federal Crimes of Money Laundering and Conspiracy to Produce False Identification
- Sullivan & Brill attorney,Steven Brill, was Interviewed for Article in Lawyers.com. on the Stop and Frisk Policy in New York City. Click this Link to See what he Had to Say
- Sullivan & Brill's Client who was Charged with Federal Drug Conspiracy in the SDNY was Recently Sentenced to a Term Below the Sentencing Guideline Level